visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Tuesday, August 18, 2015

#MeatlessMonday Healthy Recipe: Black Bean Fritters with Yogurt Horseradish Dill Sauce


These black bean cakes didn't make it to a proper photo shoot, lol! This shot is courtesy of my iPhone from my Instagram account. Follow my #MeatlessMonday posts there, or explore the hashtag #ChannysKitchen!

#MeatlessMonday Healthy Recipe: 
Black Bean Fritters with Yogurt Horseradish Dill Sauce

I’m back with another quick #MeatlessMonday recipe! This one is light, filling and full of protein. It also happens to be super tasty! I had some recipe requests when I shared the Instagram photo yesterday, so I thought I would share the recipe with everyone here.

Enjoy!

Black Bean Fritters

1 ½ cups (or one can) of cooked black beans. (I processed mine slightly but left them on the chunky side. You could totally do this with a potato masher).
½ cup whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur brand).
½ cup diced peppers of your choice (I used red and yellow)
½ cup diced white onion or whatever you prefer
½ cup chopped baby spinach
2 tbsp egg whites OR leave this out to keep the fritters vegan (it doesn’t make too much difference).
2-3 tbsp water (may need a little more if you omit egg whites)
Salt, garlic powder, onion powder and lots of cumin to taste!

Mix all ingredients into a thick dough-like batter (not too runny, so watch the addition of water carefully) and form into patties with your hands. Using a greased pan (I used coconut oil spray) on medium to high heat, brown patties until crisp on both sides (usually takes around 8-10 minutes). This recipe yielded 9 fritters that were medium sized for me—and they were 70 calories a piece, with .3 grams of fat, 12.8 grams of carbs and 4 grams of protein each.

Serve with Greek yogurt horseradish dill sauce! (Recipe below)

Greek Yogurt Horseradish Dill Sauce

½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used store brand non-fat)
3 tbsp creamy horseradish sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp powdered dill weed
A few drops of stevia to taste (or a pinch of sugar)
Salt to taste

Cream all ingredients together. Serves 4-5. One serving is around 55 calories with 2.7 grams of fat, 2.4 grams of carbs, and 4.5 grams of protein.


Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts