visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Thursday, September 25, 2014

My 1920's Hair Inspiration for the Lumber Baron's Ball!


Image courtesy of Arabia Weddings

My 1920's Hair Inspiration for the Lumber Baron's Ball!

So...what was trending for 1920's hair? Well, definitely shorter 'dos: bobs, finger waves and closely coiffed hairstyles were all the rage.

  

Images courtesy of  Best of Hairstyles, Hair Archive and Wikipedia

But, what to do if you have longer hair like me? 

You have a few options:

1) Rock a cloche or similiar period hat! Tuck hair underneath and allow some curls to pop out.

2) Fake a bob. It's easier than you think; check out this article on Elle for directions on how to do it in six easy steps.

3) No matter your length, curl and adorn. Add waves and beautiful accessories to your hair to transform any length 'do into a respectable 1920's statement!


Check back with me soon as I have an accessory DIY, as well as "trial run", planned for my Lumber Baron's Ball hairstyle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts