visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Monday, September 8, 2014

Makeup Review: Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder (and eyeshadow tutorial)!

IMG_9985

Makeup Review: Younique Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder 
(and eyeshadow tutorial)!

I had an awesome experience reviewing Younique's Moodstruck 3D Fiber lash masara, so I jumped at the chance recently to review another interesting product: Moodstruck Minerals Pigment Powder.

These high pigment powders interested me for a few reasons. First of all, they have all kinds of fun names rather than hues; "Playful", "Heartbroken" and "Corrupted", to name a few! I was able to choose four colors for my review, and I chose the following shades (shown in the same order below as pictured by photos on the website): Famous, Sexy, Curious and Dignified. They are $10 each. Shop for the pigments here!

Are you 'moodstruck' yet?    Are you 'moodstruck' yet?    Are you 'moodstruck' yet?     Are you 'moodstruck' yet?


Cool facts about the pigments: They are 100% natural, chemical-free, mineral-based pigment powders, free of talc, oils, preservatives, perfumes, synthetic dyes, and parabens! (And you can mix them with anything...and that's where the fun starts).


IMG_9958


IMG_9945

IMG_9954


Here's what I noticed right away:

--The pigments arrived in handy little pots with locking systems.

--The colors really ARE high pigment; a little shake goes a very long way. 

--The colors blend smoothly with other products (lotions, water, mascaras). PERFECT for ladies who want to create their own makeup shades, tinted moisturizers, temporary hair streaks, tinted nail polish, tinted lip gloss, eyeshadows and eyeliners...the list GOES ON!

--I love the coverage and application of the colors. They lasted a long time and I still can't believe how far a little bit stretched (even when added to nail polish!)

IMG_9986


MOODSTRUCK MINERALS PIGMENT POWDER EYESHADOW TUTORIAL

Once my other makeup was done and my eyelids were primed and powdered, I took the following steps to acheive the look above!

IMG_9964

1.) I applied a sheer layer of "Curious" pigment over my entire eyelid, using a large, flat, eyeshadow shading brush, including the inner corners of my eye. 

IMG_9968


2.) lined my eyes with black eyeliner to provide a solid line and dark focal point for the bright liner (which I mixed myself) to compliment.


IMG_9971

3.) Using just a couple shakes of "Dignified" on to a small mixing tray, I added a few drops of water, and blended with a thin lining brush. An eyeliner brush, small angled brush or even another eyeliner tool from a pot (cleaned, of course) would work well for this job!

IMG_9973

4.) Following the black eyeliner as a guide, I painted a parallel line over each eye using the "Dignified" eyeliner paste. The pigment was actually quite pronounced with just one line, but I allowed it to dry and painted a second for extra coverage. Be patient waiting for the pigment paste to dry. I then followed up my normal mascara with a layer of Younique 3D Fiber Lash mascara!


The coolest finshing touch?

After my makeup was done, I decided to add a few shakes of the same pigment to a small mixing tray with about 5-6 drops of top coat nail polish, and I matched my exact nail shade to my eyeliner! I was shocked at how well a few sprinkles of pigment covered my nails when mixed with the polish. I could have easily done one coat--the color was totally rich! I loved having nails that matched my eyeliner so well.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Each pigment pot might cost a little more than individual eyeshadows at the drug store, but the color goes a long way. For me, a definite selling point is the natural, paraben free state of the pigment, as well. It's nice to know that a product that you can add to your other products doesn't contain any harmful chemicals, fragrance or even talc! Not only are the colors safe, but they lasted all night as I rode bikes in the warm sun, without melting away or smudging. I'm sold on these products and I would definitely recommend them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts