visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Dog Days of Garage Sales

IMG_9840

THE DOG DAYS OF GARAGE SALES

The dog days of summer draw to an end; never mind a "woof!"-- I'm thinking more about a tortured howl, echoing down the streets and cul-de-sacs for miles around, dripping with the melancholy torment of someone who didn't hit anywhere NEAR the amount of yard sales she wanted to this year!

Oh, well. If I'd had my druthers, I would have pulled over at every single sale I saw on the side of the road this season (and in my head, I did!) but time simply didn't allow for it.

I did, however, make it to a few last weekend, and these are some of the simple treasures I found along the way for a mere $5. (Not pictured are three rings: one huge and fun rhinestone piece, and two other unusual costume rings). What can I say? I'm a sucker for vintage jewelry at .25 each and iconic religious art of all kinds. Usually I give it away to friends who collect, but this fabric oil painting was just weird enough to keep (it was bedazzled, OK?)! And...triangle earrings.


IMG_9835

I decided to erect the art in my living room with a little shrine, surrounded by potted mint, succulents, and other oddities.

IMG_9846

Enjoy these final dog days of summer, friends. 
Screw it, pull over and dig.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts