visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Styling the Lumber Barons Ball 2012


Meet your stylist! It's....me! Tada!

I'm so thrilled to announce that the staff of Watermark 920 in Muskegon, Michigan has asked me to be their stylist for staff attending this year's Lumber Barons Ball on October 6th, 2012--hosted by the Lakeshore Museum Center!


This event is going to be held at Watermark and will feature period dress from World War II, a swing band, cocktails and a silent auction. The entire event is designed to be as authentic as possible and I couldn't be MORE over the moon about assisting the staff in transforming themselves into stylish, 1940's folk!


My first step in brainstorming was to create a pinboard on Pinterest.com for dress, hairstyles and makeup of the decade, which I already take much inspiration from (and that's probably fairly obvious from the vintage content in my blog!).

Follow Me on Pinterest



I'd love to hear about which of the looks are your favorites. You can expect to hear some follow-ups on how the process is coming, and of course, coverage of the event itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts