visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Monday, June 4, 2012

Sixteen Ways to Style A Vintage Scarf # 7: Scarf-ed Collar



Vintage Scarf Tutorial #7:

“Scarf a Collar” Episode one!


This was a fun and easy project. It only took me about 45 minutes to complete!

Please remember that you can check out all of the 16 ways Scarf tutorials as they happen...I've collected them on one simple Pinterest pinboard for you to follow!


I first took my t-shirt and draped the scarf around the neck, tying it in a single knot in the back.



I then created gathers with a simple tied white thread about every two-three inches, leaving me with little "puffs".


I did some pinning for placement...


...and began sewing the little puffs in place. As you can see, I left the back tied...it looked really cute that way! I sewed this into place as well (all with the same white thread).

This was the result...a fun, whimsical collar on an old tshirt. The stitching is quite loose; I could easily reclaim the scarf or the tshirt!



Cute! I'm looking forward to two more "scarf-ed" collar projects with different scarves and styles!
__________________________________


Of course, there is a prize in today's blog! I'm leaving a fun "mystery" scarf at the Glade St. Hope's Outlet location to be found by any lucky reader who is out that way in Muskegon, Michigan today, after 4 p.m.!


Hope's Outlet Thrift Stores are located at:

2424 Glade St., Muskegon, MI 49444

1974 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444

1100 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Find Hope's Outlet on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts